HOW TO BUY COMMERCIAL OUTDOOR FURNITURE: TOP 5 THINGS TO CONSIDER
When shopping for commercial outdoor furniture, whether it’s for a restaurant, hotel, park or office space, choosing the right materials, design and functionality should be a top priority in your decision-making process. Park benches, trash receptacles, picnic tables, commercial bike racks, or pet-friendly products, and planters are just a few of the choices you have to make your establishment more aesthetically-pleasing and friendly.
As experienced commercial outdoor furniture manufacturers, we know what’s important to look out for and consider as you embark on your search before making your final purchase.
Let’s get started to make your outdoor furniture purchasing process easier and more successful.
- Climate: What kind of climate will the furniture be exposed to? Consider the weather conditions of your local area such as: humidity, salt air, snow, rain, wind and extreme hot and cold temperatures. All of these factors will contribute to your choice of materials that will work best at your location. You will need a high-quality product to withstand any of these weather conditions.
- Materials: When we talk about materials, we’re talking about aluminum, poly-coated steel, wood, concrete, iron, recycled plastic and more. What works with your other design elements, climate and functionality? Consulting with an experienced outdoor furniture specialist can help you make these decisions to get the right combination of design and function for your outdoor space.
- Design: From picnic casual look to a more boutique vibe, or even a commercial patio table with chairs, there are many styles of seating, tables, and materials that you can choose from that will enhance the space. Make sure you measure your space before getting set on a design. For added fun, you can even add a game board insert or a concrete corn hole toss to complement the outdoor area.
- Maintenance: No matter which furniture styles you choose, you are going to want low-maintenance materials that can withstand the elements, are easy to clean, comfortable and most importantly, functional. It’s important to buy from a reputable source that understands the manufacturing process for building strong outdoor furniture.
- Budget: Create a budget for your space before you begin shopping. Think about the long-term. If you spend less now for cheaper products, will you end up spending more because you have to replace them due to faulty designs, cheap materials, and workmanship? The old saying, “you get what you pay for” rings true when it comes to outdoor furnishings that hold up to public use and weather elements. Look for a company that has a warranty in place as well as a solid reputation for making high-quality products.
In summary, choosing the look and feel for your outdoor commercial space is just as important as the indoor space. With the onset of Covid, more and more businesses are serving and hosting events outside, so having the right furniture and amenities for the comfort of everyone is key for more success.
Working with a family-owned business such as Kay Park will ensure that you get the right furniture for you space that is American-made, and has a full warranty.